Sunday 5 October 2014

Evaluation of Preliminary

My first experience of filming was exiting and hard as I didn't know how to use certain functions on the camera as well as I didn't know how to set up a tripod. After I edited the whole video I was satisfied with what I did. Editing the video was also a challenge as it was the first time I was using the software. The actors I used were good as they didn't get distracted quickly and they worked well with me. I did change the location and actors after the first draft as filming in the common room was not convenient and the timing didn't suit the actors. In my preliminary task I used shot reverse shot as one of the rules of filming. My experience of working in a team was good however sometimes it was hard to get them to concentrate.

I believe that I was well prepared for the preliminary as I had a script and time plan to follow, even though my original idea was to film in the common room. One thing that didn't work well in the task was that I didn't have enough dialogue as it only lasted 20 seconds. Also I should have been more creative with the type of camera shots I was going to use. Some of the things I could improve on are using the 180 degree rule, having match on action when the person walks in and also use different shots such as mid and wide shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment